mercor wrote:
> Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I'm running LMS 8.2.0 (latest nightly
> release, Logitech Media Server: Unix Tarball (i386, x86_64, i386
> FreeBSD, ARM EABI, PowerPC from
> http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/8.2/lms/64adf61647ea8d534cca588b1dd9d0ea6ee9ccbf/logitechmediaserver-8.2.0-1620914398.tgz)
> on latest QNAP OS. So there is nothing I could do to be more up-to-date
> with these binaries.

The level of  SSL/TLS support is all to do with the underlying OS and
packages provided with the OS.  Latest version of security packages are
not offered for old versions of OS.

> Docker is a completely new territory for me and I feel like I have to
> accept the fact I cannot use any of the latest plugins for LMS. Could be
> worse. Thanks again.

Fom the LMS/Docker/QNAP thread I posted - it seemed to work out easily
for the user and easier than OP thought.

If you use internet services such as internet radio - it will get worse.
More and more station are changing over to https as the only service -
sometimes they do it overnight with no warning.