Hello Simone,

I learned from my husband what exactly was done to install LMS.  He used
the pre-packaged plugin with the TrueNAS 12.2 Release.

I found the dev tree at the ix-plugin-hub on github.  The checkin to
'Add Logitech Media Server to 12.2-RELEASE'
(https://github.com/ix-plugin-hub/iocage-plugin-index/pull/212/commits/eb2cdf1e2200d47dd1420140af859eeb7d4fde6a)
shows what the issue is:

In logitechmediaserver.json, in the  "pkgs" section, we see, "faad2"
which is installing the faad2 package from the FreeBSD package
repository, (which presumes the latest and greatest upstream version is
canon) instead of a fork of faad2 that has the ALAC support.

That manifest also seems to grab the FreeBSD Perl5 system, which has
proven problematic.  I see a comment of 26 March 2018 on your
instructional page talking about how to lock in the known good Perl
version.

Do we need to work with titou386 to get these versions cooked into to
the distributed plugin?

-Bill

LMS 7.9 - 2xSB2, 2xBoom, 2xKodi, Ocean Digital WR2300S, Denon
AVR-X6200W, SHIELD Android TV