The main bottleneck during a scan is disk I/O (see' this post'
(https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?99783-LMS-scan-performance&p=757581&viewfull=1#post757581)
for details (right column)) (unless you have a really weird setup e.g.
low-end single core ARM CPU with a high speed SSD)
After that, it's CPU  (which you'll probably never hit in a normal
setup)
Memory isn't really important (since the scan mostly writes to the
database, making caching impossible)

You could also try installing the DB Optimizer plugin, but I wouldn't
expect much (if any) impact, as it's focused on improving run-time and
not scan performance (plus one of the more interesting optimizations it
enables is unavailable for Windows)

Definitely exclude your music files from any antivirus scanning, though.

'Various SW' (https://www.nexus0.net/pub/sw/): Web Interface | TUI |
Playlist Editor / Generator | Music Classification | Similar Music |
Announce | EventTrigger | DB Optimizer | Image Enhancer | Chiptunes |
LMSlib2go | ...
'Various HowTos' (https://www.nexus0.net/pub/documents/LMS/): build a
self-contained LMS | Bluetooth/ALSA | Control LMS with any device | ...