_Short_version_

I don't love the official Raspberry Pi 7" screen. It seems rather dated
and overpriced for what it is.  I don't care for the large bezel around
the LCD and (like many things) it's extensively back ordered right now.
On the other hand,  reports do indicate it seems to be reliable.

Q: Are there any other recommended displays that work well?

_Long_version_

I'm building an streaming box using an rPi4, 'DigiAmp+ audio hat'
(https://www.raspberrypi.com/products/iqaudio-digiamp-plus/) and
'integrated LRS-100-24VDC power supply.'
(https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/260/mwec_s_a0011714173_1-2274466.pdf)

I want a built-in touch screen to control it.   Yes I know I can control
it from my phone however I want a built-in screen.

I'll be 3D printing my own case to hold all of the above and for space
reasons I need to wall mount it.   Unless of course anyone knows off an
off the shelf case than can hold all of the above.   I don't want
external wall-wart power supplies.  Everything has to be in the case.

I bought 'one of these screens'
(https://www.uperfectmonitor.com/products/raspberry-pi-7-touchscreen-uperfect)
off eBay.    It was cheap as it was a "certified return" sold by the
manufacturer.   Stupidly I was too slow testing all the features and
only found out that the touch screen didn't work after the eBay return
period had expired.   The seller dragged their feet until this ended
then stopped responding entirely :-(    Reading reviews, the touch
screen not registering as a USB device is a common issue.  I tried
powering it using it's own dedicated 3A 5V supply and it still won't
appear in dmesg/lsusb.  I've discussed with others who have the display
and my touch screen doesn't work replicating their exact setup.

I don't usually like buying off brand Chinese tech and this has just
amplified this feeling.

The other thing I noticed is that the skin of piCorePlayer seems fairly
fixed at the 800x600 resolution of the official 7" screen.   I had to
force the above uperfect monitor to this lower resolution to get the
PiCorePlayer skin to display.    I read a few posts where people had
gotten the skin to work with a higher resolution and it seemed a pretty
longwinded process.