paul- wrote:
> There are many that work, but the drivers are completely manual, and
> support is poor.

For the uPerfect I bought my expectation was that the touch screen
device should appear in dmesg/lsusb when connected.   Obviously a driver
may be required but the base kernel USB stack should detect a device
trying to registered even if it has no corresponding driver.   There is
a 4-pin TE "picoblade" connector and also a micro-usb connector, either
of which should be connected to the Pi's USB port.     You can see it
shown at 12:30 in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HUt6tRReEQ

I see no log messages of any kind.  I talked to the video's author and
he suggested (common issue) to ensure the uPerfect is getting sufficient
power.  I tried powering it directly from a 3A power supply instead of
the PI's GPIO pins (which uPerfect said would work) and there was no
change.

uPerfect are utterly useless, won't respond,  won't honor warranty.
VISA told me I'd waited too long to file a dispute.

> What size screen do you want?

I just want something functional.   My sense is that since the skin is
800x480 that a 7" is probably sufficient.    Also given the negative
experience of the uPerfect I want to not waste good money after bad.

> I have a setup with
> https://shop.pimoroni.com/products/hyperpixel-4?variant=12569485443155.
> Which works nicely, but it uses most of the 40pin rpi header, so if you
> want a DAC Hat, then its not the right choice.

I've not seen this.

The DigiAmp+ re-exposes all 40 pins of the rpi header.      See:
https://www.cytron.io/p-Iiqaudio-pi-digiamp-plus-full-hd-class-d-amplifier-hat