d6jg wrote:
> IIRC in a normal environment Jivelite is very fussy about changing
> interfaces and needs completely resetting when switched between WiFi and
> Ethernet

Yes, that's still true.

With bonding you can setup the system to always have the same MAC
address regardless of which network interface you're using.

You still need to have wpa_supplicant.conf setup with your wifi
credentials and I set the mac address on the bonding interface, because
it sometimes changes.

Code:
--------------------
    auto lo
  iface lo inet loopback

  auto bond0
  iface bond0 inet dhcp
  pre-up ip link set bond0 address ba:34:da:f6:ab:9c
  bond-slaves eth0 mlan0

  auto eth0
  iface eth0 inet manual

  auto mlan0
  iface mlan0 inet manual

The nice thing about this configuration is if your wifi connection fails
you can just plugin to the ethernet port and you can still connect
without a reboot.

Ralphy

*1*-Touch, *5*-Classics, *3*-Booms, *2*-UE Radio
'Squeezebox client builds'
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmsclients/files/) 'donations'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=LL5P6365KQEXN&lc=CA&item_name=Squeezebox%20client%20builds&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHosted)
always appreciated.