sodface wrote:
> Sort of, I'm not doing any network config at all at boot time currently.
> My thought for this car project was:
>
> - Start the car, aopen boots, no boot time network interface
> configuration, LMS (with local media), squeezelite, and jivelite should
> function normally on 127.0.0.1.
> - For external connectivity, boot as above but then enable phone
> hotspot, have an app launcher on the aopen run a network config script
> - Much less frequently, I may want to dismount the aopen and bring it
> inside, in which case I may also want to connect to ethernet instead of
> wifi

The 7-8 second connection delay at boot you're seeing with the patch
might be caused by the fact that squeezelite has not started yet and/or
is trying to connect to lms which may not have completed starting up?

Whereas with your change, jivelite doesn't perform the server/player
discovery and connects to lms as soon as the service is running.

Are you using any settings in the depends block of their openrc init.d
scripts to control the startup order?

Ralphy

*1*-Touch, *5*-Classics, *3*-Booms, *2*-UE Radio
'Squeezebox client builds'
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmsclients/files/) 'donations'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=LL5P6365KQEXN&lc=CA&item_name=Squeezebox%20client%20builds&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHosted)
always appreciated.