results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=115993
Question: What Linux distro is best for LMS?

- Ubuntu server
- ARCH Linux
- FreeBSD
- Debian
- None of the above, see comment

> > Then comes the hard question: what linux distro would you choose to
> run
> > LMS and why?
>
> The best choice is the one you know the best and for which there are LMS
>
> packages. Which means Ubuntu or Debian. And then it's probably a
> question of personal preference. I'd personally probably go with Debian
> for a server.

Thanx for your opinion, honoured to have it especially as the first one.
All the linux distro I mentioned have LMS packages provided by them,
although only deb packages are provided by the developer (well, by you
:D).
I feel Ubuntu server has lately become bloated and too much
cloud-oriented: once installed there is more to remove than most other
distros for me to have it run lean and mean.
Best, Paolo.