results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=115993
Question: What Linux distro is best for LMS?

- Ubuntu server
- ARCH Linux
- FreeBSD
- Debian
- None of the above, see comment

markiii wrote:
> if its a nas why not unraid? lms installs as a docker with a couple of
> clicks and just works

Well, UNRAID would be overkill for various reasons:

- it is a 12 years old 1.66GHz Atom platform with 4GB RAM, so barely
  above UNRAID specs.
- UNRAID has a $59 license fee: set aside it gives me itches, although
  the NAS and the 2x4TB drives still have a few years of life, I already
  invested in 4GB RAM, a 32GB CF card with adapter and new cpu fan to
  upgrade it, and wish to keep repurposing costs as low as possible.
- I will not use the box as a NAS at all, although sharing the storage
  for uploading CDs and the music I buy, the files will be consumed by
  LMS locally.

OpenMediaVault was an option I evaluated as well as XigmaNAS, but I
think they would be poor choices to be used more as a streaming server
than as a NAS.

Thank for your opinion.

Best, Paolo