gordonb3 wrote:
> As far as I can see, when playing an audio file the cover art shown
> defaults to the one that is embedded in the audio file. When browsing
> albums in the default GUI - I suppose Material may follow a different
> scheme - it favours a separate image file in the folder with a
> preference for `folder.jpg` or `cover.jpg`. In past time I found the
> mechanism to be somewhat unpredictable, probably because at the time I
> did not obey this name preference, and as I never browse additional art
> (i.e. booklets) from the LMS GUI but do like to include them on the disk
> I have since always archived them in either .pdf or .cbr format which
> the scanner does not handle.

LMS displays the art from its artwork cache which is the same cover that
it uses for its album list.
At play time it reads the database to find the image within the cache
store. Have a look at the database.
As I said earlier my understanding remains that the scanner uses the
first piece of embedded artwork it finds but in the event there is none
then drops to folder.jpg or cover.jpg - I don’t know the precedence of
the latter.
If you look at More / Local Artwork you’ll see the cached versions
stored for display use.
Part of the scan process is the creation of the artwork cache

Jim
https://jukeradio.double6.net

VB2.4[/B] STORAGE *QNAP TS419P (NFS)
[B]Living Room* Joggler & Pi4/Khadas  -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s

*Office* Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
*Dining Room* SB Radio
*Bedroom (Bedside)* Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom* SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s +
Kef ceiling speakers
*Guest Room* Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes