I asked a similar question a while back. I think the answer is for
compilation albums the album year date comes from the track date of the
last track on the CD.

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?115837-Album-Track-Date-Tag&highlight=

That's indeed how it seems to work on my system.

FYI I generally add the album release date in square brackets to the
album title on compilation albums.

Tracks on compilation albums are then displayed in following format
Track Title, Artist, Album, [album date] (track date), for example this
is how it displays:

Born Blind
Sonny Boy Williamson
100 Blues Greats [2005] (1958)

2005 being the album release date, 1958 the track date. This isn't
perfect but serves a number of purposes:

- it captured the date info until I could determine a better way to tag
it (I never have)
- it displays the date info
- you can search on the date info from the advanced search Album Title
field (so putting 2005 will find my compilation albums released in 2005
(a search I never do!)
- it was easy to do as I don't have 100's of compilation albums

location 1: lms 8.3 on win 10 brix server, x3 sb radios, x1 touch, x1
controller : location 2: lms 8.3 on win 10 brix server, x2 sb radios, x1
duet receiver, x1 controller : alexa mediaserver smart skill, material
android, squeezelitex control