mherger wrote:
> > Ventura promptly broke the latest 8.2 build on our system.
>
> In what way? Did you get any error message?
>
> > Is 8.3 more ‘Ventura ready’ than 8.2?  Should I upgrade to 8.3?
>
> The big difference between 8.3 and 8.2 is that the former now comes with
>
> its own Perl environment. It's no longer relying on Apple's Perl. It
> seems the old Perl was still around. But I haven't tried using it yet.
>
> So yes, 8.3 might be better prepared for Ventura.

Once Ventura was installed, the LMS 8.2 server completely refused to
start.

I didn't dive into the server logs to see what was hanging it up.  It
was easier to just make the move to 8.3.

Installing 8.3 took seconds, and once I installed the right version, it
started right up.  It is playing music as I type this.

My only surprise was that the Legacy version did not work on our Intel
Mac.  It required the full version with Apple Silicon support to work
... even on an Intel.

I imagine 8.3 is mature enough by this point to be de facto "stable".

I've had much rougher MacOS/LMS upgrades than this one.  So all things
considered, this one was smooth.  And LMS 8.3 was ready for Ventura.