I'm still having issues since the upgrade. Running on a MacMini 2020
with M1 chip.

Same here.

I have the start on login option selected. On reboot, the server runs,
but there is a question on whether to allow perl to accept network
connections. I select yes. Then, when I try to play a track on the
server, I get a request to allow access to the folder with the track.

Did you grant LMS full disk access as outlined in many threads here? Please note that the binary might have changed with the upgrade, as LMS is no longer using the built-in Perl. The binary would usually be

/Library/PreferencePanes/Squeezebox.prefPane/Contents/perl/bin/perl

Once I do that, everything works normally. However, if I stop the server
and try to start it again, it won't start. At that point, rebooting the
machine seems to be the only option.

What if you tried to run the following in a terminal:

/Library/PreferencePanes/Squeezebox.prefPane/Contents/server/slimserver.pl

(again assuming you installed in the default folder)