-*In the end*- I had no problem to have the LMS on a different
subset/vLAN than my players

Maybe I am not answering the question because I am only working with one
LMS.
For the Logitech Radio I needed to add a remote library, it looks like
this can only be done when there is a LMS on the same subnet.
It is more simple on a piCorePlayer just put your LMS IP in the
Squeezelite settings

Question from my side: How can I remove an obsolete remote library from
my Logitech Radio?
(most likely with SSH; anyone has a suggestion?)

(dockered) LMS on a Intel NUC on (v)LAN MAIN

- Logitech Radio (on vLAN IoT)
- piCorePlayer on Pi4w with BerryDAC (on vLAN IoT)