slartibartfast wrote:
> How are you capturing the output files?
When capturing S/PDIF or analog out whatever medium used will be hard to
compare. I've tried. Only usefull data I found is the clock and jitter
difference. And even that might not be of interest using a modern DAC.

I duplicate the Alsa stream comming from Squeezelite. And then use
'ffmpeg -f alsa -channels 2 -sample_rate 44100 -i loopout out.wav'. Let
me listen to the stream while recording rather than just output to file
direcly.

This capture a bit perfect stream using WAV media. Implying the capture
mechanism is sane. Where there are not even jitter or phase diffrense
between the original WAV file and the captured WAV file.
Also the FLAC file manually dekodet with 'flac -d' reproduce bit perfect
result when streamed back. Therefore any lossless output from
Squeezelite through Alsa should then be able to compare with DeltaWave
as it where a WAV file.

But FLAC differs in manner I don't understand. As in why are there gain
different? Are the trancoder doing some kind of resampling under the
hood? And can we get rid of this for FLAC?
I have volume disabled and replay gain off. Only thing I've not testet
is to strip the FLAC file from RP tags. I'll do that and post if it
makes a difference.