DTSM has been set to LastMix ("My Music" only) that works with Squeezer,
Material and iPeng. However when I make a call for one favorite using
JSONRPC, it plays the track (single not album) but does not activate
DSTM to build the queue? What I am looking to do is to programmatically
select a different favorite track that sets off a random queue of DSTM /
LastMix

The way how you tell LMS to play a new track shouldn't have any impact on DSTM. In particular using JSONRPC, as that's likely what Squeezer and Material (and the default skin in some cases) are doing as well.

Please note that submitting a single track would not immediately trigger DSTM. You'd have to wait until half way through the track (IIRC).