I see what you're saying. I think that is true. LMS can be self-contained
(local host or network only) and it runs fine. But adding Plugins will
require an internet connection if they're not part of the "standard" set.
Is the Material Skin being considered as part of the Standard Set (default
and classic)? I dimly recall Michael mentioning something like this.