On 03/15/2017 11:57 AM, Heiler Bemerguy wrote:

> Commented out all the max-swap-rate and swap-timeout. Guess what? No
> more errors on cache.log..

> It seems the code that "shapes" the rockstore I/Os is kinda buggy.

I have not checked the code, but I suspect that

* You see no timeout errors because you disabled timeouts.

* You see no I/O delay warnings because you disabled I/O delays.

Said that, I would not be surprised if disabling max-swap-rate reduces
the probability of an I/O message getting stuck in the queue because
without artificial message delays, the probability of a kid dying with a
pending message is naturally lower.

There are probably some bugs in the code even when no kids are dying,
but there is currently no information warranting an investigation AFAICT.

Alex.