On 24/06/17 02:58, Alex Rousskov wrote:
On 06/23/2017 03:53 AM, Christos Tsantilas wrote:
Στις 21/06/2017 08:07 μμ, ο Alex Rousskov έγραψε:
> [...]

* I predict we are going to see Coverity complaints about
PinnedIdleContext missing move semantics.

The Coverity should not complain about.
Can we test with Coverity before apply the patch, or can we apply and if
there are problems implement a move constructor?

PinnedIdleContext has an implicit move constructor so there is nothing
to do here IMO. We should not add code unless there are some compelling
reasons for doing so, and no such reasons have been provided so far in
this case.

In general, you can certainly test with Coverity first, but I think that
requiring such manual tests in this context would be too onerous,
especially given the current testing setup. Eventually, such pre-commit
tests of pull requests will be automated.

I have looked up the behaviour I was remembering and it seems it was highlighting things that would be an issue with GCC 4 and MSVC 2012 builds. Those compilers do not implement implicit move constructor or operators if _any_ user defined constructor, destructor, or assign operators exist.

Given that they are officially not-supported compilers for Squid-4+, I think go with as-is and we can work around Coverity later. Though IIRC it will still report this as an issue.

Amos