On 23/05/11 23:59, Tsachi wrote:
Hey I am checkig Squid 3.2.0.5.
I have a question regarding some behavior I noticed.
Configuring a parent proxy with login=PASS.
No user or passwords are configured in ACL.

A client makes a normal http request without any authorization header.
Squid process the request and sends it to the parent proxy with the
header field "proxy-authorization: Basic xxxxx"

I guess this is because the httpFixupAuthentication  (http.cc) is
called and reach the end and set    httpHeaderPutStrf(hdr_out, header,
"Basic %s",base64_encode(orig_request->peer_login));

Is that how it is suppose to be?

Yes. "login=PASS" *requires* login to be sent and goes to some lengths to locate a login for passing on.

Am I missing here something?

If you need Squid to pass the exact login/non-login state of requests through to a peer use "login=PASSTHRU" which was added in 3.2. This will make Squid transparent regarding the Proxy-Auth headers.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.7 and 3.1.12.1