Hello,
It could be that squid doesn't like some of my packages(I'm not sure which one). I installed the following packages:
  strongswan,nrpe, nagios-plugins

I also tweaked some kernel settings
net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1
net.ipv4.ip_local_port_range = 10000 61000
net.ipv4.tcp_max_syn_backlog = 8192
net.ipv4.tcp_tw_reuse = 1
net.ipv4.tcp_max_tw_buckets = 5000
fs.file-max = 65536
net.core.rmem_max = 67108864
net.core.wmem_max = 67108864
net.ipv4.tcp_rmem = 4096 87380 67108864
net.ipv4.tcp_wmem = 4096 65536 67108864
net.core.netdev_max_backlog = 250000
net.ipv4.tcp_mtu_probing = 1
net.core.default_qdisc = fq
net.ipv4.tcp_congestion_control = bbr

I couldn't win her heart back even if I rolled back all these settings and removed the packages.

I'm willing to pay if someone can help me resolve this issue

Thank you!

Hello,

It looks like that if I start installing it right after OS installation, it works. But not if I install any packages, for example, make, gcc,strongswan and so on. once it stop working, it will not work anymore even if I remove all aforementioned packages. reboot also doesn't help. I also tried it on Debian 11. no luck either! it only works in old ubuntu 16 I can be 100% sure that squid is not listening on any TCP ports. running these commands looks fine

Thanks for your being patient and kind

root@host8d66c97880:~# netcat -v -l -4 34568
Listening on 0.0.0.0 34568
^C