Howdy folks,

I'm sure this one has been asked and I just couldn't find the answer.

I'm trying to access my squid proxy through IE but I am unable to specify the proxy through internet options and need to specify it one the address bar as shown

http://192.168.0.2:3128/www.google.com

Now, I know I'm getting a connection to the proxy because it's replying with the error below. I've tried different browsers (IE, Lynx) and get the same result. If anyone can provide my with a way to configure squid (if it’s even possible) to work in this manner or even an alternate solution would be appreciated.

Cheers

Joe

ERROR

_____

While trying to retrieve the URL: /www.google.com <http://192.168.0.2:3138/www.google.com>
The following error was encountered:
* Invalid URL
Some aspect of the requested URL is incorrect. Possible problems:
* Missing or incorrect access protocol (should be `http://'' or
similar)
* Missing hostname
* Illegal double-escape in the URL-Path
* Illegal character in hostname; underscores are not allowed
Your cache administrator is root.

_____

Generated Wed, 03 Dec 2003 21:24:19 GMT by localhost.localdomain
(squid/2.5.STABLE3)

Add photos to your messages with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/features&pgmarket=en-ca&RU=http%3a%2f%2fjoin.msn.com%2f%3fpage%3dmisc%2fspecialoffers%26pgmarket%3den-ca