On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, Joe Lafontaine wrote:

> I'm sure this one has been asked and I just couldn't find the answer.
>
> I'm trying to access my squid proxy through IE but I am unable to specify
> the proxy through internet options and need to specify it one the address
> bar as shown
>
>             http://192.168.0.2:3128/www.google.com

This won't work for many reasons.

It can be made to work for the initial HTTP request by the use of
accelerator mode and a redirector helper, but your browser will receive
absolute URLs from the internet almost immediately and forgets about using
the proxy..

Why can't you configure the proxy settings in your browser?

Regards
Henrik