Duane,

I have been watching my processes and cache all day today.  Squid is the
only thing running on this server and seems to be running at 99% CUP
utilization.  I currently have 600MB free mem out of 2GB (I reset squid 2
hours ago).  I changed my cache_mem to 128MB and set the cache_dir to 50000
16 256.  What I am concerned about is running out of RAM.  From the output
of my "top" screen... there is no swap being used.

Is there a point where squid will stop consuming more RAM?
Does it hurt the caching process with frequent reboots?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Scott Phalen