Payal Rathod wrote:

Hi,
Thanks for the mail. I have a few questions below.

On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 01:57:05PM -0300, Pablo Gietz wrote:

In our Bank we have 300 users with 4 categories: 1-free access to news papers, 2 - Restricted access to some sites, 3 - full access to anyplace but without downloads, 4- full access with downloads.

How do you achieve 3?

# group of people enabled to do downloads acl acl_downloads_group proxy_auth "/etc/squid/downloads.group"

# group of people enabled to do full navigation
acl acl_full_group proxy_auth "/etc/squid/full.group"

# acl for file types of prohibited docs for downloads
acl acl_prohibited_doc urlpath_regex -i "/etc/squid/prohibited.doc"

# deny prohibited docs for all except for the download_group
http_access deny acl_prohibited_doc !acl_downloads_group

http_access allow all acl_grupo_full http_access deny all acl_grupo_full

########
# Notes:
# /etc/squid/downloads.group is a flat file with a user per line like # this:
admin1
admin2
professor1
#
# /etc/squid/full.group is a flat file with a user per line like
estudent1
estudent2
estudent3

# /etc/squid/prohibited.doc is a flat file with a file extension per #line like this:

\.exe$
\.cab$
\.vb$
\.ade$
\.adp$
\.bas$
\.bat$
\.chm$
\.cmd$
\.cnf$
\.cpl$
\.crt$
\.hlp$
\.hta$
\.isp$
\.lnk$
\.mdb$
\.mde$
\.msc$
\.msi$
\.msp$
\.pif$
\.pcd$
\.reg$
\.scr$
\.sct$
\.shb$
\.shs$
\.url$
\.vbe$
\.vbs$
\.wsc$
\.wsf$
\.wsh$
\.mst$
\.386$
\.adt$
\.app$
\.bin$
\.class$
\.cla$
\.dot$
\.drv$
\.lib$
\.mht$
\.mp3$
\.pps$
\.com$
\.PPT$
\.ARJ$
\.avi$
\.MPG$
\.MPEG$

Running Squid 2.4 in redhat 9 is doing prety well, 256MB of ram, pentium III 700Mhz, 2 scsi drives of 10Gb with 1.4 GB of caché in each one.

Is it squid's default install? Will default install of squid do in my
case?
yes is the default install, only we have many changes in the squid.conf

With warm regards, -Payal

.

Regards -- Pablo A. C. Gietz Jefe de Seguridad Informática Nuevo Banco de Entre Ríos S.A. Te.: 0343 - 4201351 Fax: 0343 - 4201329