Still not working...OK I have:

external_acl_type propel_header_auth %{Hdr:member} /etc
/squid/ident.sh x-pun:user

#
Is the "%{Hdr:member}" exactly what I need there?  And is
"x-pun:user" needed on the end (x-pun is the header name)?
How is the header looked up and passed to the ident.sh program?

# acl propel_auth external propel_header_auth x-pun #

I assume I need something on the end - is the header
name correct or should it be "user" or REQUIRED?

#
http_access allow propel_auth
http_access deny all
#

How do I make this required? I can run ident.sh and it works like it should and I see there is 5 processed started using ps -ax so I know squid is looking at it.

Thank You for your help!

Ryan Lamberton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Henrik Nordstrom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>