On Tue, 27 Sep 2005, Jens Strohschnitter wrote:

The file proxyauth exists and its content is: allow. All rights are ok.
So does anybody know how I can fix the problem with W2k3 ? Or is there
no way to use smb_auth furhter on with W2k3 ?

smb_auth relies on smbclient from Samba. To make smb_auth work to your W2K3 setup you first need to figure out how to make Samba smbclient work..

smb_auth runs the following:

  env USER="login%password" smbclient '//dchostname/NETLOGON' -I ip.of.dc -d 0 -E -W
"domainname" -d "get proxyauth -"

where
   login is the login name
   password is the password
   dchostname is the host name of your login server
   ip.of.dc is the IP address of the above
   domainname is the Windows domain name

Regards
Henrik