2007/3/20, Martin A. Brooks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
It sounds to me like you could benefit from using revision control
software to manage the configuration files.  The tool that springs to
mind is Subversion (see http://subversion.tigris.org ).  Subversion has
a mechanism called "hooks" that allow you to perform arbitrary actions
when a file is changed.

 Martin A. Brooks | http://www.antibodymx.net/ | Anti-spam & anti-virus
   Consultant    | e: [EMAIL PROTECTED]   | filtering. Inoculate
 antibodymx.net  | m: +447896578023           | your mail system.

Thank you for your reply.

Maybe i did not discribe my requirement. We need a front web interface
or other method)client?) to modify the all configurations of all
server( or split the file and store it in database, or xml) easily.
because login, vi, and logout  squid box (a lot) one by one very
tired. i want to split the squid.conf and store to database, so modify
easily with web interface.  but i don't know how to parse, split, and
reassemble squid.conf with appropriate method. consider squid.conf
direct syntax, modify easily with web and so on.

--
Best regards
Felix New