Hi,

Normally, the version of installation of squid using apt-get depends upon the repository in it. If you want to install new version, download the source file from http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.7/ and configure it manually.

You can't upgrade it using repository list.

Thanks
Visolve
www.visolve.com

Sebastian Jaurena wrote:
Hi, I start to learn linux OS since a few month ago. I have a
dedicated server, and I need install squid, but if I make "apt-get
install squid" the version that Im installing is 2.5 and I need at
least 2.6. I try doing "apt-get install squid.2.6" but nothing
happend. Anyone can help about how upgrade my repository list?

Thanks.