Sebastian Jaurena wrote:
Hi, I start to learn linux OS since a few month ago. I have a
dedicated server, and I need install squid, but if I make "apt-get
install squid" the version that Im installing is 2.5 and I need at
least 2.6. I try doing "apt-get install squid.2.6" but nothing
happend. Anyone can help about how upgrade my repository list?

Sounds like Debian.

If you have a GUI it shoudld be under System->Administration->Software Sources

For command line it's in /etc/apt/sources.list

Depends on what you want to change. The latest squid packages are only in testing or unstable repositories. In sources.list change URL words 'stable' to 'testing' and running
  apt-get update
then
  apt-get install squid

(to stay on stabel but with new squid):
  edit sources.list again to remove your changes.
  run apt-get update all over again.

BE AWARE: the package manager is likely to upgrade many package squid depends on from the testing repository. Once you have non-'stable' software installed the packaging system does not like to downgrade them so removal may be an issue.

For the record I've found very few problems running a server on just the software in Debians official testing repositories. Only once a year or so the bug none else has hit yet.