Joseph L. Casale wrote:
Define 'connection'. I suspect what you think of as a connection is not related to HTTP connections.

Amos,
Appreciate your help here, why I theorize connection was because what happens
when an SSL session is started versus a simple HTTP session. This is all related
to our users getting yahoo mail, the session toggles back and forth and I
suspect
that is what is causing them to be logged out of the mail interface when
attempting
to dl an attachment. I was thinking that had something to do with the proxy
handling
the http versus the proxy passing through http.

Could I possibly tell squid to always do something with .yahoo.com such that a
session
whether it be http or https from a server connection point of view be the same?

This is closely related to the Keep-Alive: and Connection: header of HTTP. You can check that by following the headers sent/received by Squid and the yahoo server.

To get around this you would need Squid to maintain two simultaneous persistent connections (one for HTTP and one for HTTPS requests). I'm not too sure about Squid behavior in the area of duplicate connections.

Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.3 or 3.0.STABLE11-RC1