>  ... This is all related to our users getting yahoo mail, the
> session toggles back and forth and I suspect that is what is
> causing them to be logged out of the mail interface when attempting
> to dl an attachment. I was thinking that had something to do with
> the proxy handling the http versus the proxy passing through http. ...

Although I don't know what the problem is (do I hear somebody saying "darn"?),
I don't think it's HTTP: vs. HTTPS:. I have a DansGuardian/Squid system, and
hundreds of my users download email attachments from Yahoo (and other webmail
sites) all the time without any interruption. And I haven't done anything
special, neither for Yahoo nor for webmail nor for https:.

thanks! -Chuck Kollars