To: <squid-users@squid-cache.org>
Sent: Saturday, April 18, 2009 04:20
Subject: Re: [squid-users] Squid Scalability

Hi,

On Sun, 05 Apr 2009, Gavin McCullagh wrote:

Here's our current situation:

Version: 2.6.STABLE18 (Ubuntu Hardy Package)
OS: 32-Bit Ubuntu GNU/Linux (Hardy)
CPU: Dual Core Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU  3050  @ 2.13GHz
RAM: 8GB
HDD: 2x SATA disks (150GB, 1TB)
Cache: 1x 600GB
Users: ~3000
RPS: 130
Hit Ratio: 35-40%
Byte Hit Ratio: ~13%

On re-reading this whole page, I realise how to estimate the number of
users. I've started graphing the number of cache clients and it looks like
1200 is a better guess.

Gavin