Hi,

On Sat, 18 Apr 2009, Nyamul Hassan wrote:

> Maximum number of users is not a very good indicator of measuring squid
> performance.  I think, it makes more sense on finding out the maximum
> req/sec that a box can handle, keeping the service timers within
> reasonable limits.

I agree, but I just wanted to make sure I was quoting correct figures.  I
have quoted the requests per second we serve, though that's probably not an
absolute maximum.

> And, looking a your stats once again, I think you need to upgrade to
> 64-bit of your OS to properly use the full 8GB RAM.

Absolutely, but I'd need an upgrade to 64-bit hardware for that too :-)

Hopefully, the OS gains a little from the extra RAM available for caching,
etc, though I doubt it gains much to be honest.

Gavin