D.Veenker wrote:

It is just a specific server / host. I know exactly which URL needs to be rewritten to https.

- You think IPTABLES/TPROXY is a solution to make it transparent?

To make it intercepting yes.

- Which config do I have to use for the client certificates?

cache_peer to port 443 of the host with "ssl" option.

sslproxy_client_key or sslproxy_client_certificate?
- What is the difference?

Not certain. They may need setting. Or they may not. I'm still trying to get straight which if the three SSL modes they apply to.

- Do I have to use them in combination with other config settings?
- What about using ICAP for rewriting the URL? Or would you personally use the internal rewiter?

None of that needed with a cache_peer explicit link to the host.

Amos

Thanks, Dj

Amos Jeffries wrote:
D.Veenker wrote:

Is it maybe possible to intercept the http:// request over port 80 with IPTABLES and redirect it to Squid?

Then let an ICAP add-on (or the internal rewriter) rewrite the URL to https://. Then let Squid do all the SSL with client certificates with the actual https-server. Last, Squid forwards the server-reply to the client (maybe also by using some IPTABLE tricks) to the client in regular un-encrypted http.

Pretty complex.

For the general case you hit the very hard problem of; how do you know any given server will accept HTTPS for any given request?

If you have a specific server or set of servers you need it for use cache_peer to setup an SSL link to each and just pass the relevant requests down it.

Please be using