On 29/12/2011 9:01 p.m., Ming Pun wrote:
I have the following acl in my squid.conf

external_acl_type acexternal children=50 ttl=60 negative_ttl=1 %>{X-MYAUTH}
/usr/local/bin/acexternal localhost
acl iceauth external acexternal
http_access allow iceauth
http_access deny all

question on TTL expiration on the external_acl_type. When a external acl
cached_result is expired due to TTL timeout, seems like squid will do a async
call to the external acl program,  acexternal in this case above, to validate
the acl request.
if the async call acexternal does not return result before the "http_access deny
all" is executed, will squid consider it is a 403 situation?

"deny all" will never get tested until after the async lookup has a result back. http_access is one of the ("slow" type) access controls which wait for async lookups.