On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 9:45 AM, Wim Ramakers <wim.ramak...@lucine-os.be> wrote:
> I’m trying to configure squid3 (on Debian server) to block certain (mostly
> social media) websites based on the LDAP (age) group the users are in.
> The devices are apple ipads, safari is used as web browser, and apps are
> installed with the Mobile Iron multiuser platform. The device will be shared
> among users of multiple groups, so i must FORCE the user to reauthenticate
> every 30 minutes.
>
> The problem we have now is that when a user authenticates correctly, the
> credentials never expire. For testing purposes I’ve set the ttl to 1 minute
> now, but after I authenticate a user successfully I never get a new challenge.
> My current config:
> -----
> authenticate_ttl 1 minute
>
> auth_param basic program /usr/lib/squid3/squid_ldap_auth -v 3 -b
> "dc=mydomain,dc=eu"  -f uid=%s -h 10.11.12.13
> auth_param basic children 5
> auth_param basic realm Web-Proxy
> auth_param basic credentialsttl 5 minutes
> acl ldap-auth proxy_auth REQUIRED
>
> external_acl_type ldapgroup ttl=60 %LOGIN /usr/lib/squid3/squid_ldap_group -b
> "dc=mydomain,dc=eu"  -f
> (&(objectClass=inetOrgPerson)(uid=%u)(memberOf=cn=%g,ou=subou,ou=mainou,dc=mydomain,dc=eu))
>  -h 10.11.12.13
> acl ldapgroup-age9- external ldapgroup leeftijdsgroep_tot_9_jaar
> acl ldapgroup-age12- external ldapgroup leeftijdsgroep_tot_12_jaar
> acl ldapgroup-age13- external ldapgroup leeftijdsgroep_tot_13_jaar
> acl ldapgroup-age18- external ldapgroup leeftijdsgroep_tot_18_jaar
> acl ldapgroup-age18+ external ldapgroup standaard_leeftijdsgroep
>
> acl facebook dstdomain .facebook.com
> # Deny access to facebook if not in 18+ or 18- (=16-18)group
> http_access deny facebook !ldapgroup-age18+ !ldapgroup-age18- !ldap-auth
> ——
>
> I’ve tried also other http_access allow/deny rules, following different
> tutorials i found online, but that did not change anything.
> Can anyone spot the problem in my config, or is it just the ipad that caches
> the correct credentials and automatically uses these on next challenges??
> When it is a caching issue, what other options do i have to force the user to
> enter his credentials again after a fixed period of time?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.

I will say that I don't know a lot about different parts of Squid, so
not sure about this, but would it have something to do with the
authenticate_cache_garbage_interval, default is an hour.
(http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.1/cfgman/authenticate_cache_garbage_interval.html)

I don't know if the authentication hangs around if it is greater than
the ttl or not.  Just a suggestion and I am guessing others will have
a better answer than me.

--
Scott Mayo
Mayo's Pioneer Seeds   PH: 573-568-3235   CE: 573-614-2138