On Monday 07 July 2014 at 19:44:34, Mark jensen wrote:

> to show the domain name instead of IP:
>
> One method would be to make use of this directive in the squid.conf file to
> get the log file to show FQDNs instead of the IPs: log_fqdn on

That's for looking up the hostnames of clients connecting to the proxy.

i got the impression the original question was about the target server IP
addresses appearing in the logifles, instead of their DNS names.

> this is a good link which may help you:
>
> http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/134132/how-can-we-make-squid-do-a-r
> everse-nslookup

Regards,

Antony.

--
This email was created using 100% recycled electrons.

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.