I have been trying to get my server up and running for about 80 hours in the last 4
days.
I got qmail, vpopmail, and qmailadmin running...

but sqwebmail just won't authenticate.
At first, I tried the FreeBSD ports collection package, even attempting to modify the
Makefile.
no go.  So, I tried doing it by hand...

I have exhausted everything I could find on the INSTALL, list archives and on google.
I am sure it has
to be there somewhere, since so many people are asking the same thing.

Why does sqwebmail always tell me Invalid User or Password?
Here's my command-line:

./configure --disable-authpwd --disable-authpam --disable-authpgsql
--disable-authmysql --disable-
authldap --disable-authdaemon --enable-vchkpw
--enable-imagedir=/usr/local/www/data/sqwebmail --enable-
mimetypes=/usr/local/etc/apache2/mime.types --enable-webpass=vpopmail
--enable-imageurl=/sqwebmail

in case you are curious, I am doing domain-specific templates (thus the imageurl) and
copying the cgi-
bin, htmls, and images from the static locations to the various domains.

I have tried running with AND without the authdaemond -- no change.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Malachi