OK, So I recompile sqwebmail without authdaemond then how do I authenticate my users? I don't understand how this is a vpopmail problem since my users who authenticate using an MUA such as Outlook Express do not have any problems whatsoever. It's just with sqwebmail that authentication fails even when my users use the correct login and password.

I appreciate you sending me to the archives but it does not give me enough information. if someone out there can just give me the answer I am looking for rather than sending me to archives that do not completely and accurately answer my questions. Please respond. Those who don't want to help or do not know the answer need not respond

Thanks

Jason

George Shaunfield writes:

Jason writes:

Hi:

I am running qmail with vpopmail and sqwebmail on a FreeBSD system and It seems like I am running into an intermittant authentication problem with the webmail.

sqwebmail keeps giving me an invalid user name and password error when I try to login. Restarting the authdaemon seems to correct this problem for only a short period of time and then the problem starts up again.

Has anyone else had any problems like this with sqwebmail? please help

Jason R. Heckathorn
Systems Administrator

I know nothing about vpopmail, but this issue comes up every week it seems.
If you search the mail archives, you will find lots of guidance. Try here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/sqwebmail%40inter7.com/

George