On Sun, Jul 27, 2003 at 01:14:20PM +0300, CSimeonov wrote:
> > OK, So I recompile sqwebmail without authdaemond then how do I
> > authenticate my users?  I don't understand how this is a vpopmail problem
> > since my users who authenticate using an MUA such as Outlook Express
> > do not have any problems whatsoever. It's just with sqwebmail that
> > authentication fails even when my users use the correct login and
> > password.
>
> I think the same way - this problem appear only when Sqwebmail works along
> Vpopmail.
> But all Eudora or Pegasus or even OutlookExpress works with the same
> Vpopmail without any problems.
>
> How many people required to say about the problem in order to solve it?

I don't know, but it is most definitely a vpopmail problem.

"all Eudora or Pegasus or even OutlookExpress works with the same Vpopmail"
is meaningless, because none of those applications link to vpopmail.

I think you mean "those applications work with some POP3 server XYZ which
uses vpopmail". That particular POP3 server forks off a separate process for
each connection, and only uses libvpopmail once before it terminates. The
problem is when you use libvpopmail two or more times from the same process
(which is what authdaemond does, for efficiency's sake), because libvpopmail
does not re-initialize itself properly.

If you want to complain, please complain on the vpopmail mailing list, not
here.

Thanks,

Brian.