Andy Firman writes:

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 05:04:41PM -0600, Nick Lomonte wrote:
Building a new mail server - running fedora core 1 and vpopmail 5.4.0
rc2.

Everything compiles OK.  After logging to sqwebmail, I get "Internal
error (module maildir.c, line 170) - contact system administrator".

Ideas?

This exact same thing just happened to me.

After googling for a couple of hours and finding very little on the error, I realized that I downloaded the latest development snapshot instead of 3.6.2.

Make sure you have sqwebmail-3.6.2.tar.bz2 and not
sqwebmail-3.6.2.20040125.tar.bz2

After installing 3.6.2, the error went away.

What are the names of all of your mail folders? Looks like some folder name breaks a few things.