From: Brian Candler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2004 4:41 PM
To: Radames Velez
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [sqwebmail] webmail attachment upload...

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 01:20:50PM -0500, Radames Velez wrote:
>            Question I am currently running qmail with [1]qmailadmin
1.2.0
>    [2]vpopmail 5.4.0 as well as sqwebmail-4.0.1. It seems that when
users
>    send mail with an attachment, when the other person recives the
email
>    the attachment gets renamed from its original for example:
>    Extentions.doc to ATT3928.doc. Has anyone seen this? Thanks for
your
>    help.

Yep it's seen (search the list archives), but it's almost certainly a
client
issue at the receiving end. Sqwebmail encodes filenames which contain
odd
characters like spaces using a standard encoding method defined in RFCs,
but
which not all MUAs understand.

I suggest you send one of these mails to a mailbox somewhere, then
retrieve
it: either using telnet like this
  $ script foo.txt
  $ telnet x.x.x.x 110
  user username
  pass password
  retr 1
  quit
  $ exit
  $

Or if you have access to the Maildir where it's stored, then copy the
file
from Maildir/cur/xxxxxxx and gzip it. Then you can paste it onto a
message
to this list, and we can tell you if the MIME headers are correct
(Content-Disposition ??), in which case it's the receiving MUA which is
at
fault.

Regards,

Brian.