On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 05:13:25PM -0500, David Diaz wrote:
> Thanks Bryan, but what is the steps to follow to do it,  I mean on new
> server, I'll create all the accounts, it's ok, but I need to enter a
> password for this account...what password?? if I don't have the original...
> the old server don't have mysql and on the new server I'll use
> Mysql...please could you tell me more details... I'm newbie on this

I think you need to help yourself first.

Understand your old server: where does it store the encrypted passwords?
Read them out.

Understand your new server: which authentication mechanism have you chosen
to use? Where does it store its passwords?

Then you import the passwords.

You say you're using authmysql on the new server. Then the encrypted
passwords go in whichever column you decided to use for encrypted passwords
in authmysqlrc:

MYSQL_CRYPT_PWFIELD     crypt

Brian.