Sorry, I misunderstood the other post. I certainly agree, that it is a
lot of boring manual work to integrate gettext. I just thought you
shouldn't discourage anyone who would like to do it, because having a
standard gettext internationalization would benefit all of us. The
question is: would you accept a patch if someone else does the work?

I would offer to take on A) and C) if you would do the B) part. My
condition is that the markup you choose should be <?_("...the text
comes here...")?>, because then we could use "xgettext -L PHP" for the
C) part. And I would like to markup the text inside the [#$ ... #] also
as e.g. [#$INVALID=<font class="error" style="color: #ff0000"
size="+1"><?_("Invalid folder name")?></font>#]. Would that be OK?

What do you think?

Reinke