On Apr 25, 2004, at 11:10, Hugh Beaumont wrote:

Hi,

I have been creating a new template for sqwebmail but have not been able to locate the
form/template/etc. that controls the creation of the message list and folder lists.

Do these exist or are these created purely with code and cannot be changed?

Thanks!

If you're asking about the table structures themselves, inside the "content area" of the folder list and folder view pages... then no, I do not believe there is any HTML file which you can edit to alter these.

Nearly all of the HTML code for those tables is indeed hard coded into the C files, as I recall.

However, the rest of the page structure is in HTML files... folders.html and folder.html, if I'm not terribly mistaken... or well, whatever else there _is_ to those pages is in there, that is. ;-)

Of course, you should note that if you want to change the content which is displayed for each listed item (folder or message, either one), then you'd have to dig through C code anyway... so as to gather up the data you wanted to show. -- And if you do not want to do anything but redesign the look of the page, then you should realize that you can really modify the look of those pages quite heavily without touching the HTML code at all. A large part of the design can be altered merely by updating / replacing the CSS rules.

In modern browsers (i.e. Safari and Mozilla, but not IE), I once even revised the display of the table rows so that they didn't look like rows at all, but were displayed inline with one another, and again so that they were stacked on each other vertically, and another way so they were hidden and didn't appear till you hovered over the subject, which was the only item visible by default. -- Those were all done more as tests than as practical applications, of course. But they were mighty fun experiments, let me tell you! =)

-jab