Hello,

sorry, I have misread your question initially - please disregard my previous
answer.

Regarding the SMPP protocol, there were different attempts to develop a module,
the oldest is about 20 years ago:
https://kamailio.org/mailman3/hyperkitty/list/sr-us...@lists.kamailio.org/thread/NTYNP5CPFGBU6R24ZZE4RTRVNCGKVTXJ/

Have a look also at this issue:
https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/issues/2280 for a discussion of different
approaches.

There are other projects that have a module (called proto_smpp) for this
protocol, maybe this can give you also some hints.

Cheers,

Henning