Hello,

On 4/18/11 12:12 PM, Juha Heinanen wrote:
Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:

i'm coming back to this rather old thread.  my question is, what is the
benefit (if any) of using htable to store the stats as opposed to shared
variables ($shv instead of $sht)?
the benefit of using htable is dynamic name for keys, otherwise the
shared variables are faster to access.
daniel,

thanks for your answer.  in case of statistics, the names are known in
advance,
depending, if I want to keep some counters per user, IP a.s.o, then I use PVs to build the name of the counter.
  so perhaps for them shared variables would be the best choice.
Note that you can define custom statistics as well:

http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules_k/statistics.html#id3053860

It can be a better alternative when having fixed name.
Cheers,
Daniel

--
Daniel-Constantin Mierla