Hello,

that's the way it was done for older versions of kamailio.

In master and 4.4 the memory debugging is turned on and it is reflected
by the presence of DBG_SR_MEMORY in the output of 'kamailio -v'.

Anyhow, what you reported is not a leak inside kamailio memory manager,
but a leak of using system memory, so it is not affected by
DBG_SR_MEMORY and cannot be troubleshooted using the mechanisms for pkg
and shm managers.

Cheers,
Daniel

--