I don't understand this discussion. checking usernames doesn't make anything more
secure. what needed is the integration of managed Public Key Infrastructure software
into SSH.

SSH maintains it's own key formats and it supports PGP keys.

In a larger environment it will be necessary to support X.509v3 certificates in
combination with certificate revocation lists, certificate servers which can be
accessed by LDAP and a trustcenter which controls issuing of certificates and
companywide policies.

The patch request should be to support trustcenter products from Entrust, Baltimore
and so on.

Stefan